Complaint Resolution Assistance
We want you to be confident with your decision to purchase insurance products from us and that we will handle your claims fairly with integrity and respect. If you have a complaint about our service or your claim, we want to work with you to try and resolve your concern.

Contact your Agent or Broker
We recommend as the first step that you contact your agent or broker, the person you purchased your insurance policy from. Your agent/broker is an independent insurance professional who works for you, not the insurance company. Most often your agent or broker will be able to provide clarification to alleviate your concerns. If they are unable to resolve your complaint they will be able to direct you to the representative at our company who can best look into your complaint.

Contact a Heartland Farm Mutual Representative
If your agent/broker is unable to resolve your complaint and has recommended you speak to a representative at our company, that individual will try to provide further clarification to address the specifics of your complaint.

If your agent/broker and our company representative have been unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction you should contact our Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman can investigate complaints regarding various issues but please be advised they cannot get involved in complaints about:

  • The investigation, negotiation or settlement of an insurance claim
  • The cost of insurance
  • The availability of insurance

If you wish to file a formal complaint on any other issues, we require you to put your complaint in writing. Please use our online form to submit the information directly to our Ombudsman.

Alternatively, you may provide us with a letter that includes the following information:

  • Your name, address and policy number or claim number
  • A phone number where you can be reached during normal business hours
  • The nature of your complaint, and
  • What it is you would like us to do

Send your letter to:
Heartland Farm Mutual Inc.
100 Erb Street East
Waterloo, ON N2J 1L9

If we are unable to resolve your concern to your satisfaction, the Ombudsman will ensure you receive a letter outlining the company's final position. If you are still dissatisfied with the company's final position you can pursue your complaint further with the appropriate regulatory and industry organizations available to you.